Did you know that approximately 141 million people in the United States have some form of vision problems not including blindness? The most common conditions include refractive errors such as myopia and hyperopia/hypermetropia. However, there is good news: many of the people with these conditions can be treated and cured with LASIK eye surgery. The procedure has greatly advanced in the last few years and is less invasive while providing better patient outcomes. In fact, 93% of those who undergo Dr. Goosey’s Houston Lasik eye surgery reported that they saw as well or better than they did as they had with glasses or contacts after the procedure.
Here are a few more stats on LASIK eye surgery:
• Over 34 million Americans over the age of 40 suffer from myopia (nearsightedness), and it is the most common vision problem.
• The next most common condition is cataracts affecting over 24 million Americans over the age of 40
• Over 14 million Americans over the age of 40 suffer from hyperopia/hypermetropia (farsightedness)
• Over 700,000 LASIK eye surgery procedures are performed each year.
• All adults eventually develop presbyopia (age-related farsightedness) usually between the ages of 45 and 50
• Rather than LASIK surgery, eyeglasses are the most common treatment for refractive errors, with 150 million Americans depending on glasses to see clearly.
• Contacts are the second, with 38 million Americans regularly wearing contact lenses.
• In Texas, over 10 million people suffer from some sort of vision problem, with 2.3 million having myopia and 929,000 having hyperopia/hypermetropia
And if you live in the area and are looking for expert Houston LASIK surgery, contact us today to schedule your free consultation.